1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Went to a foreign country (Japan) by myself. Had my bones broken. Gave a caning.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No resolutions last year. Maybe this year if I happen to think of them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Some stability in my life. Or maybe just massive achievement, sans stability.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 3rd, I guess. That'd be the motorcycle accident.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Damned if I know.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not a clue. The good was good, the bad was bad, nothing was unusually epic as far as my successes or failures.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Bit of normal sickness, nothing big. And then a broken arm and a dislocated foot.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Nothing's coming to mind. Given how future-focused I am, you'd think I'd have more opinion on how I was doing, wouldn't you?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Raven has remained lovely. Her, maybe? That doesn't seem out of line with her usual either, though. I owe both her and rightkindofme for taking care of me.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nobody comes to mind. I don't do "appalled and depressed" all that often.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage and restaurants. 'Bout the same as usual.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
rightkindofme would qualify :-)
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Probably nothing. I'm not very music-centered, and it's rare that I get a song attached to an event. It happens, but not more than once every few years.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. Happier or sadder? About the same
II. Thinner or fatter? About the same
III. Richer or poorer? Poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Nothing comes to mind. I'm pretty happy with my behavior for 2004. My mistakes were pretty much all good or necessary mistakes.
20. How will you be spending New Years?
With Raven, I'm thinking. Other than that, who knows?
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Yup. rightkindofme again :-)
23. How many one-night stands?
Can I count multiple of them with the same person? :-P The number could be as high as five or as low as zero, depending on what counts. Or more than five if somebody I got together with more than once can count.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
The Simpsons, maybe? I don't watch much TV.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope. The reverse, if anything.
26. What was the best book you read?
Read, or read for the first time? I just finished reading Bridge of Birds to yet another cute girl, for instance...
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Dierdre Flint's second album, probably.
28. What did you want and get?
A year of good romance and sex.
29. What did you want and not get?
More stability in my work situation.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Can't remember. Something quiet. I was 28.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Ooh. Um. Dunno. Nothing practical comes to mind.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Same old, same old.
34. What kept you sane?
Stubbornness, and long talks with friends and girlfriends.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Not big on celebrities mostly. Lucy Liu is pretty hot, I guess.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Bush's reelection? Civil liberties in general? Getting Ashcroft the hell out of the White House? One of those.
37. Who did you miss?
The only answer I have to that would be trouble to write down.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
rightkindofme, so far, though it's always tough to tell who'll end up being the best long-term...
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
A good attitude will get you through just about anything.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Tough one. Here's what comes to mind right this second:
"I have no problems / no cross to bear / If you can find me / Come and get me out of here"